lundi 30 mars 2015

Send a message to a Facebook friend from an Android app

I have an app in which I have implemented Facebook login. I am able to retrieve the logged-in user's Facebook friends using the Graph API.


The central problem is that I need to be able to communicate with the logged-in user's friends. This communication can occur in any possible way: wall post, inbox message or chat message.




We will remove the ability to post to a user's friends' walls via the Graph API. Specifically, posts against [user_id]/feed where [user_id] is different from the session user, or stream.publish calls where the target_id user is different from the session user, will fail.




  • Sending chat messages has been deprecated and will soon be impossible. According to the Chat API docs:



On April 30, 2014, we announced the deprecation of the XMPP Chat API as part of the release of Platform API v2.0. The service and API this document covers will no longer be available after April 30, 2015.


Once version 1.0 is deprecated on April 30, 2015, chat.facebook.com and the xmpp_login permission will no longer be available.


We recommend developers who have integrated with the XMPP Chat API deprecate this functionality from their apps before April 30, 2015 to avoid broken experiences.



Basically, I need to send a message to a logged-in user's Facebook friends, without requiring user interaction (This does not mean I will be spamming a user's friends, just that messages will be scheduled in advance using a PendingIntent registered with the AlarmManager). Is this at all possible ?


I apologize for the length of this post, and if you're still with me, I thank you for your patience. I'm not the kind of person that wants to be spoon-fed, but I've reached my wit's end with this problem and the Facebook documentation is not giving me a clear answer. I need a decisive answer or a usable workaround to this problem.


Kindly defer from marking this as duplicate. I have already seen the following questions, and either they are outdated or they do not apply to my problem:


1. Send private message to my friend(s) using my android application .


2. Android facebook send a message .


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire