samedi 18 avril 2015

Facebook Graph Video API Errors

I'm using a little python script running via cron job and Facebook's Graph Video API for that posts videos to a page using video URLs that look like this:


http://ift.tt/1yCc5Ad


I am using the Non-Resumable Upload method because it requires less steps, allows me to pass video URLs instead of locally hosted files, and I also don't need to pass video file sizes over to the API like you need to do with the Resumable Upload method. Usually my video source is an MRSS or JSON feed, and video files sizes aren't always available in the feed. My Python script is pretty basic, just loops through the feed using feedparser, but maybe that's a bad approach and Facebook's video API doesn't like receiving multiple videos in a row?


Every 12 hours I'm uploading a batch of 5-8 videos and 1 out of every 6 or so return this error even though the video URLs are perfectly functionality:



"code":389,"error_subcode":1363057


Here's the full error message I'm getting during upload:



{"error":{"message":"Unable to fetch video file from URL.","type":"FacebookApiException",**"code":389,"error_subcode":1363057**,"is_transient":false,"error_user_title":"Unable to fetch video file from URL","error_user_msg":"Unable to fetch video file from URL."}}


I've tried searching though Facebook's API Error listing, and can't find either error:


http://ift.tt/1OOuaPk


And not finding much in the Video API documentation. — Has anyone seen these errors or any clue what limitations (beyond just file size and duration, which I already am aware of and am not exceeding) Facebook's video API/transcoding infrastructure may have?


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire